Current Course Conditions:
- Course conditions are wet, please remember your golf etiquette in order to help keep the course in great shape...Repair Ball Marks, Replace Divots and Follow Cart Rules!
- Expect Frost Delays any morning when the temperatures are around 40 degrees or below. A frost delay can last up to 2 hours long, golfers can call the pro shop for more information; 856-589-6688
- Check out the USGA's short video on Frost Delays; CLICK HERE
- Driving Range Update...The grass tees and surrounding grass areas are now closed for the off-season. All practice will be from our artificial mats only.
- Tee Time Reservations - Tee times can be scheduled up to (7) seven days in advance and the tee sheet opens online at 6am when scheduling seven days in advance. The demand for tee times remains high. Golfers can check out our monthly calendar on our website when considering what day/time to play.
- 18 holes cannot be guaranteed when playing Twilight Golf due to available daylight.
- Beverage Cart Service - Starting Nov. 1st, this service will be available on most nice weather days. Bogeys Bar & Restaurant is open Tuesday through Sunday, and closed on Mondays.
Golf Course Notes:
- The Pitman Golf Course is not a BYOB, please remember all alcoholic beverages must be purchased from our Beverage Cart or inside our Restaurant.
- FYI - Water coolers were removed from the golf course at the end of 2019, golfers can bring their own water bottle when playing and we offer options for purchase on the food and beverage cart during your round.
- The Clubhouse Restaurant is closed on Mondays.
- All golfers are expected to pair up in carts, single rider carts cannot be guaranteed.
- Non golfers and/or "ride alongs" are not permitted - all golfers must have their own set of clubs.
- Tee Time Reservations: The Pitman Golf Course always recommends making reserved starting times. Tee times can be made as early as (7) days in advance.
- The Pitman Golf Course Staff is expected to clear the golf course each day at sunset, prior to closing. The staff will be informative and courteous during this process and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. For the safety of all patrons, staff and our golf course conditions, it is our goal to close the golf course by dark. Our hours of operation will vary depending on time of year and weather conditions.
- SLOW PLAY is not acceptable. All groups are expected to play without delay and maintain their position on the course. Any group falling behind may be asked to pick up the pace, allow faster groups to play through or move foward. If the gap is not made up, you may be asked to leave the course entirely without a refund. The Pitman Golf Course wants everyone to enjoy their round of golf without undue delay. Expected pace of play times are listed for each hole on the scorecard.
- WARNING - The Pitman Golf Course does not have any lightning warning or detections system. Accordingly, all golfers play at their own risk.
- Dress Code: Collared shirts preferred, no cut-offs, and soft spikes required.
Congratulations To Our Current Champions!
Sal Capelli - 2023 Men's Club Champion (8 in a row: 2016 through 2023)
Sue Obey - 2023 Ladies Club Champion
Justin Forman (Wash. Twp.) - 2023 Gloucester County Individual High School Champion
Carly Kuminka (Kingsway) - 2023 Gloucester County High School Girls Division Champion
Kingsway Reg. High School - 2023 Gloucester County Team High School Champions
(Joe Fargnoli, Chris Parrish, Lyle Peterson, Anant Jain)
Pitman Golf Course is proudly owned and operated by the County of Gloucester and the services provided are under the direction of the Board of County Commissioners.
The golf course layout is an original Alexandar Findlay design from 1927 and is considered a public gem. It's very golfer friendly and it's what you expect to find in a classic "hometown" public course and it's one of the many reasons why this is one of the busiest golf courses in South Jersey!
In fact, the course is often voted by the residents of Gloucester County as the best in the golfing category. Pitman Golf Course offers a variety of pricing options throughout the day which also make the course an affordable place to play - and you will always find it in good condition.
We are known for our customer service and the entire staff takes great pride in making you feel welcomed each time you come out to play. Our Pro Shop Staff is always there to help you during the check-in process and out outside team of Starters, Course Rangers and Grounds Crew will look out for you while you play.
We also provide a nice selection of merchandise for salein our pro shop. We carry all the basics you need to enjoy your round including performance and value golf balls, gloves, hats, etc. You can also schedule a lesson to better improve your golf scores, contact the Pro Shop for assistance, or to make an appointment for lessons; 856-589-6688
The Pitman Golf Course offers a practice putting green which also allows low lofted chipping, it's the perfect place to improve your short game.
We also feature a driving range to warm up before your round or to visit for some practice. The range fetures a grass tee with several target poles for aim and distance control - make time to perfect your swing and improve your golf game today!
Bar & Grill
Bogey's Club & Cafe is the perfect place to end your round and settle up the scorecard with your friends! No matter how you played on holes 1 through 18, you can look like a golf pro at the 19th hole. Unwind with your favorite beverage from our fully stocked bar while you relax and relive the great shots of the day.
Bogey's features lunch specials, happy hour, live entertainment and it's also a great spot to enjoy dinner!