Current Course Conditions:
- The Pitman Golf Course is playing nice right now and carts are crossing fairways with no restrictions. Please remember to REPLACE your divots after each shot and REPAIR your ball marks on the greens. Course conditions are greatly affected by how "we" as golfers treat the places we are playing - please remember to use golf etiquette during all your rounds.
Golf Course Notes:
- The Pitman Golf Course is not a BYOB, please remember all alcoholic beverages must be purchased on site at our Snack Stand or inside our Restaurant.
- Water coolers have been removed from the golf course, golfers can bring their own water bottle when playing and we offer options for purchase on the food and beverage cart during your round.
- Driving Range Maintenance: Every Thursday morning the range will be closed for maintenance.
- Please do not check in any sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled tee time.
- Tee Time Reservations: The Pitman Golf Course always recommends making reserved starting times. Tee times can be made as early as (7) days in advance.
- The Pitman Golf Course Staff is expected to clear the golf course each day at sunset, prior to closing. The staff will be informative and courteous during this process and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. For the safety of all patrons, staff and our golf course conditions, it is our goal to close the golf course by dark. Our hours of operation will vary depending on time of year and weather conditions.
- SLOW PLAY is not acceptable. All groups are expected to play without delay and maintain their position on the course. Any group falling behind may be asked to pick up the pace, allow faster groups to play through or move foward. If the gap is not made up, you may be asked to leave the course entirely without a refund. The Ptiman Golf Course wants everyone to enjoy their round of golf without undue delay. Expected pace of play times are listed for each hole on the scorecard.
- WARNING - The Pitman Golf Course does not have any lightning warning or detections system. Accordingly, all golfers play at their own risk.
- Dress Code: Collared shirts preferred, no cut off, and soft spikes required.
Congratulations To Our Current Champions!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we only conducted our Men's & Ladies Club Championships for 2020;
Sal Capelli - 2020 Men's Club Champion (4 in a row: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Beth Way - 2020 Ladies Club Champion
Paul Bullock - 2019 Sr Men's Champion
Jake Kowalski - 2019 Junior Golf Association's Player of the Year (2020 season cancelled)
Gage Wolfle - 2019 Gloucester County Individual High School Champion (2020 season cancelled)
Rileigh Leighton - 2019 Gloucester County High School Girls Division Champion (2020 season cancelled)
Williamstown HS - 2019 Gloucester County Team High School Champions (2020 season cancelled)
(Sean Caspar, Liam Caspar, Tyler Geatens, Eric McCoy)
Pitman Golf Course is proudly owned and operated by the County of Gloucester and the services provided are under the direction of the Board of County Commissioners.
The golf course layout is an original Alexandar Findlay design from 1927 and is considered a public gem. It's very golfer friendly and it's what you expect to find in a classic "hometown" public course and it's one of the many reasons why this is one of the busiest golf courses in South Jersey!
In fact, the course is often voted by the residents of Gloucester County as the best in the golfing category. Pitman Golf Course offers a variety of pricing options throughout the day which also make the course an affordable place to play - and you will always find it in good condition.
We are known for our customer service and the entire staff takes great pride in making you feel welcomed each time you come out to play. Our Pro Shop Staff is always there to help you during the check-in process and out outside team of Starters, Course Rangers and Grounds Crew will look out for you while you play.
We also provide a nice selection of merchandise for salein our pro shop. We carry all the basics you need to enjoy your round including performance and value golf balls, gloves, hats, etc. You can also schedule a lesson to better improve your golf scores, contact the Pro Shop for assistance, or to make an appointment for lessons; 856-589-6688
The Pitman Golf Course offers a practice putting green which also allows low lofted chipping, it's the perfect place to improve your short game.
We also feature a driving range to warm up before your round or to visit for some practice. The range fetures a grass tee with several target poles for aim and distance control - make time to perfect your swing and improve your golf game today!
Bar & Grill
Bogey's Club & Cafe is the perfect place to end your round and settle up the scorecard with your friends! No matter how you played on holes 1 through 18, you can look like a golf pro at the 19th hole. Unwind with your favorite beverage from our fully stocked bar while you relax and relive the great shots of the day.
Bogey's features lunch specials, happy hour, live entertainment and it's also a great spot to enjoy dinner!