Pro Shop News
Current Course Conditions:
Overall conditions are stressed in several areas. All Greens and Tees have been aerated. Starting on Monday, 9/14, we will begin Fairway Aeration and Seeding. Carts are crossing fairways.
Reminder...The Driving Range & Practice Putting Green are open for checked-in golfers (no sooner than 30 minutes prior to tee time) only for pre-round warm up only. No public or other practice is allowed at this time.
Course Project Note: Starting on Monday, August 31st, the 5th greens complex will close as we make improvements. A temporary green will be used during the project. (about 4 weeks)
Pitman Golf Course / COVID-19 Update
The Pitman Golf Course and the County of Gloucester are both dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our staff and our golfers. As we continue day to day operations, everyone should be mindful of the current guidelines that are in place.
- The Pitman Golf Course will continue to follow SOCIAL DISTANCING guidelines and reminds everyone to keep at least six feet apart from one another at all times. In situations where social distancing is difficult, it is now required that all golfers wear a face cover.
- Up to 4 golfers per tee time will be permitted and shared carts are now allowed.
Our Hours of Operation will be Monday through Sunday beginning at 7:00am;
- Tee time intervals will be set at 12 minutes apart
- All golfers must be off the course by no later than Sunset each day.
- The Pro Shop and Clubhouse Bathrooms are now open. Please remember to social distance and wear your face cover when inside the building.
- The Clubhouse Restaurant is open for outdoor dining only following state and local health guidelines.
- The Practice Putting Green & Driving Range will be open for “pre-round” warm up before your scheduled tee time only, no other practice will be permitted.
Tee times can be made online () or over the phone by calling 856-589-6688, up to 7 days in advance. NO walk-up play will be permitted, all golfers must have a reservation.
- Payment will be completed during the Checking In process inside the Pro Shop.
- To keep everyone as safe as possible no "non-golfers" are permitted at this time.
- 2 riders per cart is now allowed, although walking is still strongly encouraged. Single rider carts cannot be gauranteed at this time.
A limited number of Push/Pull carts will be available for rent on a first come first serve basis.
- Golf carts and push/pull carts will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Reservations will be limited to no more than 4 players per tee time.
DO NOT arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your tee time, if you do please wait in your vehicle.
- Please note that the practice putting green and driving range will be available to those players with scheduled tee times for warm-up only after you check-in.
- All golfers must maintain social distancing at all times.
- The practice putting green and driving range will be available to those players with scheduled tee times for pre-round warm-up only after you check-in.
- Golfers should wear a face cover in all settings wherever social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. This can be a home-made face cover. Here is a link to the CDC page on how to make a home-made face cover. www.cdc.gov
- Each group will be called to the tee by starting time, 5 minutes before. To maintain social distancing DO NOT head to the first tee until your group is called. Physical distancing of at least 6’ from everyone in your group and our staff MUST be adhered to at all times.
- We recommend leaving the flagstick in, cups are set normal with a PVC ring inside to prevent the ball from dropping all the way to the bottom.
Bunker rakes, ball washers, water coolers and divot bottles have been removed.
- Please note to bring your own prefilled water bottle or you can purchase limited food and beverage from the Bogeys Beverage Cart service during your round.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes, mask and any personal protective equipment you feel necessary.
- The Clubhouse Restaurant is now open for open outdoor dining and limited indoor seating. There is a Food & Beverage Cart service during your golf round (weather permitting). All areas will follow state and local health guidelines for being open.
- On-course water cooler stations have been removed.
Congratulations To Our Current Champions!
Beth Way - 2020 Ladies Club Champion
Sal Capelli - 2019 Men's Club Champion (back to back to back, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Paul Bullock - 2019 Sr Men's Champion
Jake Kowalski - 2019 Junior Golf Association's Player of the Year (2020 season cancelled)
Gage Wolfle - 2019 Gloucester County Individual High School Champion (2020 season cancelled)
Rileigh Leighton - 2019 Gloucester County High School Girls Division Champion (2020 season cancelled)
Williamstown HS - 2019 Gloucester County Team High School Champions (2020 season cancelled)
(Sean Caspar, Liam Caspar, Tyler Geatens, Eric McCoy)
Golf Course Notes;
The Pitman Golf Course is not a BYOB, please remember all alcoholic beverages must be purchased on site at our Snack Stand or inside our Restaurant.
Tee Time Reservations: The Pitman Golf Course always recommends making reserved starting times. Tee times can be made as early as (7) days in advance.
Snack Stand: Beginning in November the snack stand will be closed during the off-season months, only opening on extremely nice weather/golfing days. The clubhouse bar and restaurant will be open to serve your food and beverage needs. They are open Tuesday through Sunday - weather permitting.
Attention Golfers: The Pitman Golf Course Staff is expected to clear the golf course each day at sunset, prior to closing. The staff will be informative and courteous during this process and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. For the safety of all patrons, staff and our golf course conditions, it is our goal to close the golf course by dark. Our hours of operation will vary depending on time of year and weather conditions.
SLOW PLAY is not acceptable. All groups are expected to play without delay and maintain their position on the course. Any group falling behind may be asked to pick up the pace, allow faster groups to play through or move foward. If the gap is not made up, you may be asked to leave the course entirely without a refund. The Ptiman Golf Course wants everyone to enjoy their round of golf without undue delay. Expected pace of play times are listed for each hole on the scorecard.
WARNING - The Pitman Golf Course does not have any lightning warning or detections system. Accordingly, all golfers play at their own risk.
Pitman Golf Course is proudly owned and operated by the County of Gloucester and the services provided are under the direction of the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
The golf course layout is an original Alexandar Findlay design from 1927 and is considered a public gem. It's very golfer friendly and it's what you expect to find in a classic "hometown" public course and it's one of the many reasons why this is one of the busiest golf courses in South Jersey!
In fact, the course is often voted by the residents of Gloucester County as the best in the golfing category. Pitman Golf Course offers a variety of pricing options throughout the day which also make the course an affordable place to play - and you will always find it in good condition.
We are known for our customer service and the entire staff takes great pride in making you feel welcomed each time you come out to play. Our Pro Shop Staff is always there to help you during the check-in process and out outside team of Starters, Course Rangers and Grounds Crew will look out for you while you play.
We also provide a nice selection of merchandise for salein our pro shop. We carry all the basics you need to enjoy your round including performance and value golf balls, gloves, hats, etc. You can also schedule a lesson to better improve your golf scores, contact the Pro Shop for assistance, or to make an appointment for lessons; 856-589-6688
The Pitman Golf Course offers a practice putting green which also allows low lofted chipping, it's the perfect place to improve your short game.
We also feature a driving range to warm up before your round or to visit for some practice. The range fetures a grass tee with several target poles for aim and distance control - make time to perfect your swing and improve your golf game today!
Bar & Grill
Bogey's Club & Cafe is the perfect place to end your round and settle up the scorecard with your friends! No matter how you played on holes 1 through 18, you can look like a golf pro at the 19th hole. Unwind with your favorite beverage from our fully stocked bar while you relax and relive the great shots of the day.
Bogey's features lunch specials, happy hour, live entertainment and it's also a great spot to enjoy dinner!